If you would like to register for interim opportunities with Penna, please complete your details here.
For a list of our permanent executive roles please click here.
Our client is a London Borough and is looking for an interim ‘Principal Schools Officer' for 6 months.
A successful candidate will have good technical skills and be expected to focus on grant funding, DSG, schools funding formula and reconciling schools funds.
Candidates ideally must be professionally qualified with either CCAB or ACMT, but part qualified candidate will be considered.
The day rate will be around £250. Please contact CIPFA-Penna consultant Az Ahmed on 0207 332 7818, or email@example.com if you would like to know more about the role.
Closing date: Friday 26th August 2016
|Location||North East England|
Penna Executive HR practice are currently looking to hear from talented Interim Senior HR Business Partners and HR Business Partners who are based in, or who are willing to travel to, the Midlands and the North West areas of England. We are working with a client who requires an interim for up to 12 months, starting immediately.
Applicants must have operated as a true strategic HR Business partner and be able to demonstrate proven experience in, but not limited to:
• Providing strategic HR Business Partnering to one or more client groups so that the people and organisational aspects of strategic business and service plans are addressed in line with HR best practice, organisational values and performance standards.
• Establishing effective partnering arrangements to ensure open and continuous dialogue with the client group that promotes understanding of their business needs and priorities.
• Delivering and developing pro-active partnering to drive and improve organisational performance working with and influencing senior and executive level leaders within a large and complex organisation.
• Championed and delivered change management using proven techniques and methodologies, so that business and employees understand the need for change, identify their change requirements, and implement change well.
• Developed people planning capability to improve service delivery, including talent management and succession planning.
• Understanding and contributing to the modernisation and transformation of HR to deliver a first class and efficient HR service.
• Promoting effective employee relations and employee engagement strategies, maintaining effective relationships with managers, employees, trade union and employee representatives. Conduct consultations/negotiations with Trade Unions to support the business objectives of client group(s)
• Engaging, as part of an HR Leadership team to develop and deploy integrated HR strategy, acting a role model and business ambassador to deliver demonstrable outcomes and value for money.
• Self employed operating through your own Limited Company, or willingess to do so (This is a day rate post not FTC)
• CIPD Qualified with evidence of contiuining professional development
• Track record of using people management solutions to deliver measurable improvements in service delivery and to meet business objectives
• Significant HR experience with a proven track record developing and implementing innovative people/organisational solutions at an operational, tactical and strategic level within a complex environment
• Knowledge and understanding of HR and relevant employment legislation including equality and diversity issues
• Knowledge of HR standards, benchmarking and performance indicators
• Knowledge of organisational development methodologies
• High level of interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills
• Strong business awareness/knowledge of operational management issues
• Project management skills
• Experience of working in a unionised environment
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your required day rate, location and one of our team will be in contact shortly to discuss your experience.